Translate

Thursday, June 5, 2014

A/D/S L420

A few pairs of speakers came and went this past week, the JBL L26's have found a new home along with the AR15's.

In their place was this entry level pair of A/D/S L420 and a pair of Advent 5012's.

I have become more of a fan of the Braun/ADS/Heco/Canton/Visonik style of speakers due to the employment of refined tweeters and mid ranges.


The tweeters sparkle and have an airiness and detailed sound unlike any other tweeter I have heard. One gets to hear more musical detail.

This pair of ADS sat on a local classified site for over two months with no takers so I had to pounce and make them mine. A lot of speakers come and go from my collection but I have a feeling these ones will be with me for a while.

An original sales brochure for the ADS L420 can be found on this link.

I am happy these speakers fly under the radar of most people getting back into the vintage audio scene, they truly missed out on a pair of gems.

2 comments:

  1. I have a pair... bought them dirt cheap at a yard sale. Very good sound - they remind me of a pair of Epicure speakers that had for years.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Picking up a clean pair of L420s hope they sound good .

    ReplyDelete