Translate

Monday, May 25, 2015

Braun L1030 Speakers

I have had the pleasure in re capping a pair of Deiter Rams Braun L1030 speakers along side of a pair of L830's, probably two of the best vintage audio speakers available in terms of sound and styling.

The Braun L1030's are simply a beautiful speaker with deep tight bass, clear as a bell mid range and spot on sparkling highs.The cabinets are an absolute gorgeous walnut veneer with curved edges. The stereo imaging that comes out of these boxes needs to be experienced first hand, words alone can not describe the sound.




The crossover was re capped using Solen caps including a massive 47uf cap, 10uf cap, 5.1uf cap and a 3.3uf cap, by no means are these caps inexpensive.



Is it worth the investment into this speaker? 100% it is. I would pretty much stop at this speaker if it was a permanent part of my collection, I would be hard pressed to find a better sounding and visually appealing speaker than this model. The Solen caps open up the speaker to new heights with clarity and transparency, it really is amazing.

These speakers are scheduled to be picked up soon and I will cherish every moment that I have with them....

7 comments:

  1. Thanks for your review.
    These speakers do look good and promise a lot of potential (knowing the L810 predecessor).
    However mine sound very muddy and badly need a recap.
    They are the 4Ohm versions with two turning knobs on top to adjust the tonality.
    As they are now one would be urged to turn the treble to maximum without adequate result.
    Could you help me deciding on the caps?
    Would you recommend to change the caps like for like?
    Cables? I could offer pictures of the crossover.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did the same with my B&W801s replaced the old caps with Solen made a huge difference.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can someone tell me what a pair of these are worth (2022 dollars US)? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good morning,
    I have just purchased a pair identical to yours, L1030/8, I am looking for the filter diagram, as well as the values ​​of the chokes and resistors, could you help me please?
    thank you very much in advance
    Nicola

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi. I would just replace the caps. The inductors are just wound copper and are not subject to deterioration. You have to remove the woofer to get to the crossover the see the values of the caps.

      Delete
  5. Good morning,
    I have just purchased a pair identical to yours, L1030/8, I am looking for the filter diagram, as well as the values ​​of the chokes and resistors, could you help me please?
    thank you very much in advance
    Nicola

    ReplyDelete