Translate

Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Dynaco A35 Speakers

Legendary Dynaco A35 speakers arrived today in mint condition, this is one speaker that I have read plenty about and have yet to experience until today.

Most of the time I hear more about the Dynaco A25's that are bass reflex, the A35's are acoustic suspension in a larger cabinet.

I prefer acoustic suspension speakers due to their tighter bass response.

So far I am really enjoying the A35's and have them hooked to the tube amp.





Imaging is very open and transparent but not as efficient as other speaker in the collection. I will update the listening session in a few days. So far I like what I hear.


6 comments:

  1. A correction. The A25 was not ported in the sense of a tuned port; but as an aperiodic system which simply used the damped port as a pressure relief to extend the bass lower. The A35 has double chambers inside connected by a narrow slot. So it combines a ported and tuned chamber with a sealed one and is neither a classic ported or acoustic suspension enclosure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, any updates? Curious what you think of these after listening for awhile. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I liked the Dynaco's but like all things on this blog they moved along.

      Not effecient enough for a SE tube amp.

      I prefered the New Large Advents over the Dynaco's

      Delete
  3. I just purchased a 30XL (seller) tended to be a A35 - wonder if any onyone has altered the crossover specs or else ?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I owned the whole Dynaco line in the early 70'. Dynaco A-25,A-35 and the little one, the A-10. Out of the lot I liked the A-35 the best. Bang for buck was very good. There is a company making a copy of the A-25, Annandale. At the price they are selling them for (over 2K$) it's not as good as the 70's prrice. Tempus Fugit

    ReplyDelete