Translate

Thursday, February 12, 2015

JBL 82 Speakers

I picked a few pairs of speakers recently a pair of Pioneer HPM-60's and a pair of JBL 82's.

The HPM-60's need a re foam job and will be featured in an upcoming post.

The JBL 82's was just a curiosity for me to listen to.




These JBL's seem to have been manufactured for the mass consumer market relying on there reputation in the bass department. The speakers did put out the typical JBL style bass from the 8 inch woofers, the tweeters were a soft dome tweeter with a titanium laminate coated on top.


So how did they sound? Deep in the bass region, sparkly highs and hollow in the mid range. These speakers were really not worth keeping in the collection and where moved along pretty quick.

These speakers appear on a regular basis in the used market and should not be over paid for.

4 comments:

  1. I have a pair, one it is bad where can i buy the round part serial number 24711 i love these speakers let me know

    thanks elianellie@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a pair in my closet in excellent condition except for the pins on the speaker grilles that have mostly broken off. I’m in Illinois if you need a pair would let them go very reasonable. timhiland@comcast.net or text 815 517 5049. Everything works on them just fine I’m using some Advent and Polk Audio. Need to get them where they would be appreciated at some point.

      Delete
  2. how much would it cost now? used one I mean

    ReplyDelete