Translate

Tuesday, April 14, 2015

B&W DM100i Speakers

Another pair of speakers that made it my way was this pair of B&W DM100i speakers. Like the Mission 700 Leading Edge speakers, These are about the same size with a 6 1/2 inch woofer and a 25mm dome tweeter. The crossover is much more sophisticated that the Mission as is the build quality. The bass goes a bit lower and the mid range is recessed from the Mission's and the highs are clearer.





To say these speakers fall into the British polite category, well these do. They can play for hours without listener fatigue. I will try them against the B&W D5's to see how much technology had changed over 20 years.

This is a nice polite, well behaved speaker suitable for smaller, near field listening. The sound is well balanced and the imaging is spot on. These remind me of Paradigm 3se Mini's but without as much bass due to the acoustic suspension design.

3 comments:

  1. I have the identical speakers and was wondering if there are any relatively inexpensive upgrades I can perform.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YOU ARE RIGHT I PICK UP A PAIR MINT FOR 25.00 ON FACEBOOK CANADA AND I REALLY LIKE THEM

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE THEM HOOK WITH A SUB WOOFER !! THEY SING

    ReplyDelete