Translate

Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Electrohome Marseilles tube receiver

My first tube receiver was found today inside a console stereo, an Electrohome Marseilles unit.

When tested it fired up in the store and it is a stereo unit so I was in luck.

I see there is a growing trend in some areas in restoring old console stereos but locally there is not.

I managed to safely remove the receiver unit from the wood coffin, the turntable did not look worthy of saving.








I do not have the space for a full console stereo and if it was more of a mid century piece perhaps I would refurbish the unit.

The receiver is out and resting on top of the Marantz 2270 and now I know what tube sound is all about...smooth, detailed and warm.

This unit is currently powering the Braun L830's.

This unit is missing a few knobs so I moved the knobs from the tuner section down, I do not plan on using the tuner portion of this unit.

No comments:

Post a Comment