Translate

Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Mission 700 speakers finished

Finally got to the finish line today with this my second pair of original Mission 700 speakers.

I opted to re foam not in the inverted method as original as the foam angle did not match the original. No harm done just a different aesthetic . I noticed that one of the original tweeters had been replaced with another Vifa T-D19.

The cabinets are pretty mint on this pair and I love the look of the white baffle with the Mission logo.

These sound pretty sweet on the tube amp with great imaging side to side and front to back. the bass is not as deep as others in the collection right now but the mid range and highs are sweet and luscious.

Here is a link to how these arrived.




With solid state amps I always found the Vifa T-D19 to be shrill and fatiguing, with the tube amp it is way smoother, what a joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment