Translate

Tuesday, March 7, 2017

KLH Model 17 update

I managed to recap the Model 17 with some Solen metal polyester 5% caps which really help open up these speakers. I also have managed to get the majority of the cabinets back to their walnut veneer glory. Pictures of the cabinets when the job is done.




I really like these speakers and I can see the evolution from these speakers to the New Large Advents that were developed after Henry Kloss left KLH.

The bass is really full and melts into a very smooth mid range. Perfect with a single ended tube amp. I really like these speakers and can see why the Model 6 and the Model 17 have garnered internet attention.

Mid range is nice and forward which is what I like. Bass nice and solid and super tight being in a acoustic suspension box. Over time I tend to prefer acoustic suspension versus a bass reflex system. The bass may not be as low but it sure is tighter.

Update #2

The cabinets are done.

From this....


To this....





No comments:

Post a Comment