Translate

Sunday, July 11, 2021

Boston Acoustic A150 Speakers

 Finally, I get to show case these speakers and have a listen to them in a nice new big space.


I picked these up pre Covid days and they sat in storage for a long time, I got around to re foaming the woofers in the spring and now I get a chance to listen to them.






A very nice sounding speaker that I am running off the Single Ended tube amp. The bass is nice and deep with no sloppiness, with a mid range driver the mids are clear, the dome tweeter takes care of the rest. Not as nice as lets say a Braun or NAD three way but a very pleasant speaker.

This pair has immaculate cabinets and grills that perfect. I always liked how flat and thin these speakers are. Very nice vintage speakers that are well worth searching out.


2 comments:

  1. Greeting,
    I see that you have a lot of experience and that you have listened to a lot of speakers, so I would like you to recommend me which ones were the best of them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Speaker Lab Super 7's are the best boxed speakers followed by the Braun offerings that this blog has written about and the NAD speakers and the Mission 770's.

    On the smaller size I always like the EPI's and Advent's.

    ReplyDelete