Translate

Sunday, March 3, 2013

Audio Spec Perseus



Ages ago I found this pair of Audio Spec Perseus at a local Sally Anne. Once I saw the Audax woofer and tweeter I knew that these can be little gems.

The have a beautiful real walnut veneer and weigh at least 20 Lbs each. There is craftsmen like construction of the boxes. Even heavy tar was stapled to the tops and bottoms to deaden the cabinet.

They are not the most efficient speakers I own and the large room they are in do not do them justice, they are best suited for my office.

A friend of mine has a pair of these also and he said they were sold out of Bay Bloor Audio in Toronto and retailed for $1000 way back, I would guess early 80'.

Not much information can be found online about these speakers.


When the weather gets nicer I will sand and oil the cabinets to bring back the beauty of the veneer.


 

1 comment: