Translate

Sunday, March 10, 2013

JBL L60T refinished

Finally a nice day to refinish the cabinets on the JBL L60's, since I had all the stuff out I also re-finished the Audio Spec Perseus cabinets also.

I used 220 grit sand paper and sanded in the same direction as the wood grain. Then I used fine steel wool.

There is some UV fading on the JBL cabinets that I did not want to sand to deep to get out. I can live with it.

I used Min Wax natural stain.

I recapped the crossover and took out the 6uf electrolytic capacitor and replaced it with a poly film cap.
It has calmed the tweeter down and still needs a few hours to fully burn in.

The last thing I need to do is put the cosmetic ring back around the woofer on the JBL's

The JBL L60's have the signature JBL sound with deep tight bass and the titanium tweeter has nice clear highs. It sounds like the loudness button is on with these speakers.

I have read that they lack mid range presence and I would have to agree that they are not forward in the mid range. I would not fault these beautiful speakers for that as they have nice warm bass and a good sound stage. I will keep these in the line up for some time to come.





JBL L60 crossover work




No comments:

Post a Comment