Translate

Monday, November 18, 2013

Visonik David 4000

I just stumbled upon another mini speaker this time it is a pair of Visonik David 4000's. These little guys were made in Germany and were the predecessor of the Visonik David 5000.
The DAVID 4000, presented in 1978, was particularly innovative because its case was cast in aluminium. It resulted in new benchmarks for machining, resonance-behaviour and stability of the case. The DAVID 5001, nowadays still in production, endues over these exclusive technological features.
These guys will need to be re foamed as the foams are cracked, while I am at it these speakers have a 1st. order crossover to the tweeter with 6.8uf cap, so I might as well upgrade that as well.




Update: Unfortunately this project has come to an abrupt end as one of the tweeters died. I managed to re foam the woofer and re cap the crossover and upon testing it one tweeter died. Looks like I will part these out on Ebay.

No comments:

Post a Comment