Translate

Sunday, October 31, 2021

Zenith 5L29 Single Ended Tube Amp

 

Winter is coming and I finally got around to doing a bit of work on this Zenith 5L29 single ended pentode tube amp. I won this on Ebay about a year ago and it sat in storage. I finally have the time and space to work on tube amps again. 

This little guy is probably maxed out around 5-6 watts per channel. This unit comes with bass, treble, bass boost and volume. It runs two EL84, 12AX7 and a 6FQ7 with 5Y3 rectifier.




So far I just added the speaker terminals along with new RCA input jacks and CL90 inrush current limiter to bring the voltage down a bit from the wall socket. No cap work has been done on it yet.

This is a great little single ended unit and sounds great in my office with a not very efficient pair of Monitor Audio MA-9 speakers.

These are worthy little amp if you can pick one up, super easy to get up and running as a stand alone amp.

November 3, A little update, this little amp sounds fantastic and has really grown on me. I do not use the Bass Boost switch as it takes away the detail of this amp, I may just rewire this circuit out of the amp period.

Loving this amp, what more can I say.....


No comments:

Post a Comment