Translate

Wednesday, February 12, 2014

EPI 100 Plus T/E Series

A pair of EPI 100 Plus T/E Series speakers arrived today.



These are the last incarnation of the famous EPI 100 series. These units have a polypropylene woofer and a regular dome tweeter. As per EPI build, the tweeter is crossed in a first order with a 10uf cap around 1800hz. The 8 inch woofer has a long throw and is acoustically suspended in the cabinet.

This is the 3rd pair of  EPI 100's I have had and this set was made in 1986. The woofer has already been re foamed. 4th pair if I include the Genesis 22 speakers.

I have always liked the sound of EPI speakers and these are no exception to that rule. Minor improvements include a bigger front baffle for a larger sound stage.

I have already added more fill into the box to help with the dampening and a new 10uf cap might be in order as these speakers are greatly improved with that minor upgrade.

I never say no to a pair of EPI 100's, these are very musical speakers that are a joy to listen to. Somewhere along the line you owe yourself an audition of these speakers.





2 comments:

  1. I have some standing EPI time energy speakers. I previously owned the TE book shelf 100+ speakers. I would love to reacquire those speakers posted above

    ReplyDelete
  2. What improvement, if any does the T/E offer over the original EPI-100's??????

    ReplyDelete